Christmas in July 2020 #3


I think I should work on Halloween now, although it is tempting to keep working on Christmas, so I am sharing yet another Christmas in July project. This card is very similar to the one I created last time, but I just love this combination of colours. 

This time it is featuring Mr. Snowman from last year’s Chapter 4. I cut him out of white cardstock and distressed the edges with Stormy Sky Distress Ink. Then I added other elements die cut out of various cardstocks and distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink. For the hat I used Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide Ink.

Then I added some trees behind him. I think the trees from Sizzix Thin Ice die set would work beautifully, unfortunately I do not have them yet, so I had to cut some other trees using my ScanNCut. 

I created the background by painting a piece of cardboard (1 mm thick) with dark grey acrylic paint and then I added some splashes of gold acrylic paint. I also added some stars from Falling Stars die set, which I die cut out of black cardstock and added a layer of gold acrylic paint. 

Next, I assembled the scene. I put the trees in the background and created a snowbank with a piece of white cardstock distressed with Stormy Sky Distress Ink. I also added a frame which I cut out of kraft cardstock and coloured with Ground Espresso and Black Soot Distress Ink mini ink pads. I made sure the ink pad was not freshly reinked and the result is a beautiful wooden texture. 

I also thought it would be nice if Mr. Snowman was holding something in his hands. Since I wanted to use the Alphanumeric Shadow die set, I thought it would look nice if he was holding a sentiment. I chose the word "JOY" because it is short and does not take all the attention from Mr. Snowman. I cut it out of watercolor cardstock with a layer of napkin on top and painted it with watercolours. Finally, I added gold acrylic paint - I painted the inside pieces completely and for the "shadow pieces" I used a very dry brush with just a little but of paint, so that the texture created by the napkin stood out.

Finally, I also added some greenery, which is Holiday Brushstroke die set and Large Funky Festive die set. I coloured them the same way as the sentiment.

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Sizzix FALLING STARS Thinlits Dies 664732
Tim Holtz Sizzix ALPHANUMERIC SHADOW UPPER Thinlits Die Set 664729
Tim Holtz Sizzix HOLIDAY BRUSHSTROKE Thinlits Dies 664736
Tim Holtz Sizzix LARGE FUNKY FESTIVE Thinlits Dies 664221
Distress Oxide Ink - Walnut Stain, Chipped Sapphire
Distress Ink - Stormy Sky, Ground Espresso, Black Soot
Cadence Dora Acrylic Paint - Rich Gold
Cadence Premium Acrylic Paint - Siyah, Beyaz
Fabriano watercolor cardstock - Bianco (200 gsm)
Munken Polar cardstock 300 gsm
Crush cardstock - Almond 250 gsm
Colorit Rainbow cardstock - Black, Orange 230 gsm
Koh-I-Noor Brilliant Watercolours

Merry Christmas in July!
Dana

Comments