Christmas in July 2020 #2

Today I decided to make another Christmas project, since I have already received some of the new Sizzix Chapter 3 dies. Let’s hope the rest will come soon, because I really cannot wait!

I started with the background - I took a piece of chipboard (1 mm thick) and painted it with dark blue acrylic paint.

Then I die cut the deer (Reindeer Bigz die) out of chipboard (1,5 mm) and Crush Citrus cardstock. I stuck both die cuts together and distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

After that I cut a pine treeline to put in the background using my ScanNCut and started assembling the scene. Finally, I spritzed everything with gold acrylic paint.

Next, I cut a frame out of kraft cardstock and distressed it with Ground Espresso and Black Soot Distress Inks. I used the directly the ink pads.

I also added a sentiment (Alphanumeric Shadow Upper) and some greenery as an embellishment (Holiday Brushstroke die set and Funky Festive die set). I die cut all the pieces out of white cardstock with a layer of tissue paper on top and then I painted it with watercolours. I also added a little bit of gold acrylic paint on the sentiment, the berries and the poinsettia to make them look more festive. I think the Holiday Brushstroke die set works perfectly with this technique and especially watercolours.




Supplies:
Sizzix Dies Tim Holtz Bigz Reindeer, #664219
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 9PK - Holiday Brushstroke by Tim Holtz, #664736
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 26PK - Alphanumeric Shadow Upper by Tim Holtz, #664729
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain, Black Soot, Ground Espresso
Cadence Dora Acrylic Paint - Rich Gold, Sampanya
Cadence Premium Acrylic Paint - Siyah, Kobalt Mavi, Beyaz
Koh-I-Noor Brilliant Watercolours

Have a great day!
Dana

Comments

  1. So gorgeous - I love the rich colours and the addition of the gold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and also for stopping by on my blog!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! The colors and textures enrich the project. Love the use of the Holiday Brushstroke with such texture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment