You Were Born to Stand Out!


Hi, I am sharing another card / home decor piece that I made using Colorize dies. As I wrote before, I recently decided to purchase all the Colorize dies and it has been so much fun! I really can't wait to play with the Chapter 3 dies.

I started with a background - first I embossed a piece of cardstock using a Chapter 2 Bricked embossing folder and then a carefully teared the embossed piece of cardstock in half. Then I stuck both pieces on another sheet of cardstock, each in opposite corner, and added some structure paste. Finally, I painted it with brown acrylic paint. 

I followed with Winifred, I assembled the image, coloured it and stuck it down.

Then I worked on the frame - it was quite simple - I just cut it out of kraft cardstock and painted it with acrylic paint. I decided to add some greenery, so I die cut some pieces and used the napkin technique I described earlier. I stuck all the die cuts on the frame and then stuck down the frame itself.

Lastly, I added a sentiment. I think "You were born to stand out!" goes well with the zebra.

Supplies used:
Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Brickwork Item #664259
Sizzix Tim Holtz – Winifred, Colorize Item: #664430
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 146PK – Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower Item: #664407
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 123PK – Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper Item: #664406
Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die - Handmade, Item #664218
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set, Garden Greens, Item 
#661206
Forest Moss Distress Ink
Cadence acrylic paint - Siyah, Fuchsia and Limon Sari
Cadence Dora Metallic - Rich Gold

Have a great day!
Dana

Comments