Let the Journey Begin



Hello! Today I am sharing a card I created using the Sizzix Clarence Colorize die set. I was inspired by Simon Says Monday Challenge: Take Me For A Ride and set Clarence on a journey.

I started with a background - I used kraft cardstock as a base to make the whole card look more vintage. First, I cut a circle and applied 2 Way Glue on it. I always use this glue when creating masks, because when left to dry it becomes repositionable. To mask a shape as simple as a circle I could have used sticky notes or something similar, it does however become very handy when creating masks for more intricate objects. Once I positioned the mask, I used Mustard Seed and Spiced Pumpkin Distress Ink as well as Antique Linen and Fired Brick Distress Oxide Ink. As a finishing touch I added some splashes of gold acrylic paint.

Then I assembled Clarence. I die cut all the pieces and coloured them using acrylic paints. I used one of the dies marked "Grey Four" to cut out a little quilt that I put on his back. I cut this shape twice and cut the other one, so that it look frayed.


Then I created a frame. First, I cut it out of kraft cardstock and then I coloured it with Distress Inks (Walnut Stain and Black Soot) to make it a little bit darker. After that I added a layer of gold acrylic paint (mixed with black), but it was too dark, so I added another very thin layer of just gold paint. 

Then I added some leaves and flowers. The leaves were cut using my ScanNCut and the flowers are in fact poinsettias from 2019 Tim Holtz Chapter 3 Holiday release. I think it as a nice way of repurposing Christmas dies. I created the flowers using the "napkin technique" and coloured them using watercolours and gold acrylic paint.

Lastly, I added a sentiment "Let the journey begin".


Supplies:


Sizzix Clarence, Colorize Item: #664428
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set – Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower Item: 664407
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set – Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper Item: 664406
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6PK - Large Funky FestiveItem #664221
Zig 2 Way Glue
Cadence Dora Acrylic Paint - Rich Gold, Oxide Gold
Cadence Acrylic Paint - Siyah, Beyaz
Favini Crush Olive Cardstock
Mustard Seed and Spiced Pumpkin Distress Ink
Antique Linen and Fired Brick Distress Oxide Ink

Have a great Saturday!
Dana


Comments