Cocktail Party


Hello, today we are going to celebrate with a little cocktail party! I think this project woudl work great as a card (although it is quite big), but I am going to use it as a coctail recipe book, which will certainly come in handy in the summer.

I started with the drinks. First I die cut everything out of white cardstock and then coloured all the die cuts with distress inks (Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain, Stormy Sky, Fired Brick, Crushed Olive, Old Paper, Tattered Rose, Aged Mahogany, Spiced Pumpkin). I used either watercolour brush (to colour the glasses and the liquid inside) or blending brushes to colour the embellishments. I assembled the drinks and before adding all the embellishments I applied gloss varnish to make them look more like actual glasses.


I continued with a background. It is a very simple background done by using diluted Distress Inks (Old Paper and Stormy Sky). Then I added a frame which I cut out from kraft cardstock, coloured with Black Soot and then added gold acrylic paint.

Then I added a sentiment, I decided to go simple and used Cutout Script die set to spell the word 'celebrate'.

Last step was adding flowers and greenery. I cut the leaves using ScanNCut and the flowers are in fact poinsettias from Large Funky Festive die set.


Supplies:
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 24PK - Happy Hour #664435
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6PK - Large Funky Festive Item #664221
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 74PK - Cutout Script (3/4" Tall) Item: #663113
Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain, Stormy Sky, Fired Brick, Crushed Olive, Old Paper, Tattered Rose, Aged Mahogany, Spiced Pumpkin
Jovi Gloss Varnish
Cadence Dora Acrylic Paint - Rich Gold, Apple Green

Have a great weekend! 
Dana

Comments