Alice in Wonderland


I am sharing my Alice in Wonderland home decor piece. It was created when the coronavirus pandemic started and I thought that the phrase 'We're all mad here' went well not only with Alice in Wonderland, but also with the current situation. 
I started by cutting all the images (cups, teapot, cards, spoon, key, clock and Alice) using my ScannCut and later added some die cuts (Sizzix Bunny, 664421; Sizzix Wildflower Stems 2,664164). I cut each image several times and then stuck them together to add more sturdiness. The door was cut by hand from heavy cardstock and embossed using Sizzix 3-D Embossing Folder - Lumber (662718).

Then I started adding some colors. First I created a background by covering it with Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink and adding a rhombus pattern with a stencil I created using ScanNCut (I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink). After that I added some colour to the images. I added a slight shading to the cups with Stormy Sky and Wheathered Wood Distress inks. 

I colored the cards, bunny and the door using Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso. 

Alice was cut four times - I stuck 3 of the images together to create the base and then I used the fourth image to create her dress and hair. I colored her skin using Tea Dye and Tettered Rose, her hair using Antique Linen and Vintage Photo and her dress using Tumbled Glass. For the spoon and key I decided to use embossing powders by WOW which gave them a faux metal look. 

Then I added some texture paste to the clock and colored it using acrylic paints. The letters and the hat in the corner were also colored with black acrylic paint. 

As for the flowers I decided to use one of my favourite techniques, which is sticking a piece of gold nonwoven fabric on a piece of cardstock, which creates a beautiful structure.

Thank you for stopping by!
Dana






Comments