Sharing Kindness With Theodore


Hello, this time I created a card for my father. I started with a background with a completely dofferent vision in my head. I first die cut the honeycombs, stuck them down on a piece of cardstock and painted over it with gold acrylic paint. I wanted to add a honey jar and other honey-related elements, but I realized that the background was too small. I, therefore, chose to add some flowers instead and made Theodore a very friendly bear.

I also added a sentiment that says "Sharing kindness", which I printed out.

Next, I added a frame, which I cut from kraft cardstock and coloured with Distress Inks (Walnut Stain, Black Soot). I coloured the frame directly with the ink pads - I used the small ones - they are perfect for this technique and it looks wonderful! Finally, I just added a little bit of Frayed Burlap Distres Oxide Ink with my finger.

As a finishing touch I added some lace. I stuck some tissue paper on a piece of cardstock and then die cut it using the Crochet die. Then I coloured it with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide inks. It does not show up on the photo very well due to the poor quality, but it looks almost like a real vintage lace!

Supplies:
Sizzix Theodore, Colorize #664410
Sizzix Wildflower Stems #2 #664164
Sizzix Mixed Media #660220
Sizzix Crochet #664178
Inks (used to color the frame): Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap (distress oxide), Black Soot and Antique Linen
Cadence Acrylic Paint - Siyah
Primo Acrylic Paint - Gold

Have a great day!
Dana

Comments