Let Your Faith Be Taller Than Your Fears!



Hello, I am sharing my Gertrude home decor piece. Surrounding myself with inspirational quotes really helped me during the corona times. So here is yet another one.

I first started with die cutting Gertrude and assemblling her. I mostly used kraft cardstock and Distress Oxide Inks (Tettered Rose, Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain, Ground Espresso). Then I worked on my background. Here I also used Distress Oxide Inks - Cracked Pistachio and Crushed Olive.

Next, I added a frame. I cut it out of heavy cardstock (600 gsm) and coloured with a mixture of gold and black acrylic paint. I used the same technique for the word "FAITH", except there I added another layer cut out of gold mirror cardstock offsetting it a little bit to create a shadow.

While it was drying, I cut some ivy leaves and coloured them using the "napkin technique" I described before. After that I attached them to the frame so that it looked like one huge plant.

Finally, I added the sentiment cut out of dark brown paper and kraft cardstock.

Supplies used:
Sizzix Gertrude, Colorize, Item #664429
Sizzix Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower Item: #664407
Sizzix Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper Item: #664406
Sizzix Cutout Script (3/4" Tall) Item: #663113
Sizzix Alphabet Handmade, Item #664218
Sizzix Garden Greens, Item #661206
Primo Acrylic Paint Gold

Have a great day!
Dana


Comments